I’m thrilled to announce that we just crossed the 400,000 downloads of our WordPress plugin! I would like to take this opportunity to thank our fantastic users! You helped us shape, re-sharp and optimize RatingWidget for WordPress.
I’ve started RatingWidget as a side-project on October 2010 since I couldn’t find a simple & user-friendly 5-star rating for my blog. Today, RatingWidget is the most popular 5-star rating system on the web! How the hell that happen?! 🙂
Few of the milestones achieved on 2014:
- Doubled our WordPress plugin downloads from 200,000 to 400,000
- Crossed the 12,000 Facebook Likes & 2,500 Twitter Followers
- Opened a Knowledge Base and Documented 51 Frequently Asked Questions
- Added Business Level Plan to support larger customers
- Released 63 new versions of the WordPress plugin
- Added 2 new and awesome team members (Bryan and Leo)
- Crossed the 300,000,000 Monthly PageViews
- Deployed amazing back-office and analytics for our Professional customers
- Out of the 104 reviews of our WordPress plugin on 2014 – 87 were 5-star reviews!
- Released a super-awesome video! was watched over 4,400 times: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGKd_P5Oa4
We are far from being perfect, and constantly working to improve our product and add extra features based on your feedback. In 2015 we plan to add the following key features to our WordPress plugin:
- Multi-Criteria Ratings Support: Providing your visitors the ability to rate elements based on more than one criteria.
- Top-Rated Page: We are working hard to build a shortcode that will render the Top-Rated items in your page (in addition to our Top-Rated sidebar widget that we already support).
- Category/Tag Based Filtering for Top-Rated Widget: Enabling the option to only show specified category/tag items in the Top-Rated sidebar widget.
- Ease-of-use: We constantly trying to keep the settings user-friendly and simple. Adding more and more features makes it even more challenging, since we have to prioritize the importance of features and usage frequency, and organize the UI+UX based on these calls.
- Your Features! Have ideas for awesome features? Please add it in the comments below or contact us directly via https://rating-widget.com/contact/
Thank you for the awesome support – And may the stars shine on you 😉
P.S I would like to say a HUGE thanks to Stanley Mácha, who is responsible for all our designs, illustrations, UX & UI work.